Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sedum "Lawn"

Posted by plstqd 9 (My Page) on
Fri, May 3, 13 at 18:20

I was shopping at Lowes today, and saw a couple of different types of sedum lawn -- approx 1 foot squares of sedum that you supposedly just plunk down on the soil surface, water, and they will take root and spread. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing here? I'm looking for options to green up my back yard, and was intrigued by these for possibly planting up against an east-facing wall of the house.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sedum "Lawn"

Try it. I'd love to have a sedum lawn. I tested a few in pots and everything died. Either too much or too little water, bad drainage, etc. I suspect it couldn't take the intense sun here as well.

Let us know how it does for you.

o
RE: Sedum "Lawn"

Neat idea! I've tried several types of groundcover types of sedums over the years but all have perished by the end of August. If you give them a try let us know how they do for you. If you do just a few and they die, no harm done, and if they thrive, they're easy to propagate. Should be an interesting experiment if you give it a try. Let us know either way! Happy gardening!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here