Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Banana & Orange help

Posted by locowd Avondale (My Page) on
Sun, May 25, 08 at 18:22

All,

I planted a arizona sweet orange about 2 months back. The leaves are starting to dry up and fall off. Is this normal?

Also, I have a musa dwarf cavendish banana tree in a pot indoors. I got it from Ikea and it only had 3 leaves. In about 1 month it has grown 5 more leaves and doubled in size. However yesterday I noticed that the leaves are strating to droop down on it. They are soft to the touch and droop really low. Any ideas??

~LoCoWD

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Banana & Orange help

I would not think it should be turning brown. 9 times out of 10 this is from to much or too little water, either will do it. You should be watering a new tree every day but only a little water, just enough to keep the original root ball moist, not damp or wet. remember to get the water into the root ball, not just out away from it. The nursery would have been watering the potted tree ever day.
Slowly, as the tree begins to extend it's roots into the surrounding soil, you will be able to reduce the frequency, eventually to once a week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here