Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walla Walla sweet oinons

Posted by campv 8b camp verde (My Page) on
Fri, May 24, 13 at 20:06

Have 75 more to braid and dry, then I will start on the red ones. this is the first year I have planted the large red ones so in a couple of weeks we will see how they do.
So far I am very happy with the return of my $3.00

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walla Walla sweet oinons

2nd picture

o

Mmmmmm, so when is your store open?! Great harvest; I need to live there.

o

Nice harvest campv, I grew some too this year and will do more next. They are a great and easy crop for our gardens.

o

• Posted by campv Camp Verde (My Page) on
    Tue, May 28, 13 at 18:07

They were pretty easy and would recommend onion sets to new gardners or in my case old gardners. Mine are planted around the edge of the raised beds in hopes the bugs will leave the peppers, tomatoes and egg plants alone. I went a little wild and planted too much, will end up using the dehydrator for some, to use during the winter months. FYI dried WWsweets tast just like potatoe chips when dried, maybe even better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here