Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wood chips - FREE - Gilbert

Posted by toucan 9 (My Page) on
Mon, May 21, 12 at 22:14

Please pick up some wood chips. They are free. Yes, I got too much dumped on my driveway from the tree trimming company. WAY TOO much. Please PM me to get some. I've got even more in my backyard that is composting. That's free too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wood chips - FREE - Gilbert

Remember to not place the wood chips directly on the soil around the trees. Will suck up all the nitrogen. Layer some compost or leaf mulch in between.

o

Here's a picture of the wood chips in the pile.

Here is a link that might be useful: wood chip pictures

o

Actually, here is the picture of the wood chips. Sorry previous link didn't work:

Here is a link that might be useful: Wood chips in my pile

o

Someone just picked up most all the wood chips in the driveway, but I have lots more in the back. Please PM me to arrange a time if you are still interested. It will be a little more work since you will need something to put the chips in to get back to your car/truck. I can help you a bit.

o

Will NOT suck up all the nitrogen! It does NOT have slurpy straws!

The only place where a wood chip-mulch will temporarily lower available nitrogen is at the soil/mulch interface.

Mulch several inches thick, with drip tuboing under it, is an excellent AZ plan for veggies

o

I agree lazygardens. Thats exactly what I do and every year everything is nice and healthy with no lack of nitrogen. Like many though I fertilize through the drip system every 2-4 weeks as needed.

o

Thats mature

o

Do you still have some chips? I have a small trailer, about 5 feet long, 3 feet wide and 2 feet high. Do you think they would fill the trailer?

o

No more wood chips.

o

I am Bumping this thread....

Question: How is the wood chips working out for you?

My landscaper mentioned that wood chips and large pine bark attacks insects. We were going to put some wood chips down around our raised beds. I don't need anymore insects actually. Unless the birds, lizards, scorpions, and black widows can manage to keep them under control.

Please update us!! Thanks so much!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here