Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rugbyroll

New tree - disease?!

rugbyroll
12 years ago

We just planted a new jacaranda just over a month ago. We got a 36" box, so it's big already, probably about 12 feet. It's been doing well. Per my landscaper's instructions, we've watered it almost every day for the first month and are watering several times a week now. It is only watered at the soil, not by spraying the tree or anything. There's been a good bit of new growth on the tree in that time, especially towards the top. And lots of budding in general.

I noticed yesterday though that the leaves on the lower branches of the trees have black spots on the undersides of the leaves. They are tiny, about a millimeter in diameter, and some of them have a white ring around the black spot. They seem to be a little raised. And there are many of them, all over the undersides of the leaves. I've noticed too that these leaves generally seem much less healthy than the ones towards the middle and top of the tree... drier and more brittle and less green. But nothing you'd immediately notice if you weren't right up on it.

Does anyway know what this is?? I've looked all over the web trying to find out what it is. I'm guessing it's some sort of fungus. But I can't find anything that looks exactly like it and I have no idea what I should do to fix it.

Anyone have experience with this before?? Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area