Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Over Wintered Tomato Plants?

Posted by thisisme az9b (My Page) on
Wed, May 11, 11 at 23:26

The trellises I've built will make it very easy for me to over winter my tomato plants. I know other members have over wintered tomato plants. I always like planning ahead so there are some questions I just have to ask those who have done this before.

How do the plants perform the second year?
Are productive?
Do the tomatoes taste as good?
Is their texture the same as they were the first year?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Over Wintered Tomato Plants?

If the plants are indeterminate they will continue to grow and product fruit.

If they are determinate, they won't keep growing.

I have found them to be as productive the second year. I pruned them way back and let them make fresh sprouts.

o
RE: Over Wintered Tomato Plants?

thank you lazygardens. Thats what I thought. Some of the guys in the Tomato Forum though were saying the fruit quality would suffer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here