Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Cempoalxochitl or other marigolds

Posted by CAST1 9b Arizona (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 1:17

I'm looking for Cempoalxochitl marigold seeds. They are pictured below. If anybody has something that is similar to the Cempoalxochitl, I will be in interested them as well . We are trying to grow these for a "Dia de los Muertos" celebration at my high-school.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Cempoalxochitl or other marigolds

• Posted by CAST1 9b Arizona (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 1:32

We are also interested in Harlequin Marigolds or any cool looking marigolds if anyone has any.

o

I don't, but now that you've piqued my interest, I'll be on the lookout for some. Very pretty! If you read the threads, you'll see that I haven't had very good luck (actually, no luck) getting marigolds to grow. A few years ago, I had some lime green ones that bloomed beautifully. I'll let you know if I come across the ones you're looking for.

o

• Posted by CAST1 9b Arizona (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 14:10

Thanks for the help tomatofreak!I also have a hard time growing marigolds, but this year one of them actually bloomed ! A few weeks ago I passed a house with the most beautiful crackerjack marigolds in the front yard. I asked the owner if I could get some seeds and he was delighted to give me some. He told me he puts steer manure into his flowerbeds and thats why his flowers were all big and healthy .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here