Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harvest time

Posted by toucan 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 10:26

Thanks for all the tips. Sweet harvest time. First yr to have lots of tomatoes and zucchini.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harvest time

Congratulations on your harvest! What kind of tomatoes are those? And how do they taste? Curious tho why you picked the zucchini so young?

o

Fun fun fun! Thanks for posting these--it looks like a fancy culinary magazine photograph! How did everything taste?? Happy gardening and happy eating! :)

o

Those tomatoes are Green Zebra, Vernissage Pink and Punta Banda. The Green Zebra tasted the best, though none were spectacular. I wanted to make a frittata. Plenty more zucchini on the way.

o

Also made some zucchini flower quesadillas. I'd love to see anyone else's harvest pix and what you do with them.

o

Also made some zucchini flower quesadillas. I'd love to see anyone else's harvest pix and what you do with them.

o

Awesome, Toucan, everything looks so tasty. Thanks for sharing the harvest AND what you did with it. Great stuff!

Happy gardening and eating!
Grant

o

I'm jealous! The last time I had a great tomato harvest was in February. I'm only getting hot chili peppers, basil and green onions in my little garden at the moment. Something's been plucking the new growth off my eggplant like crazy.

-Ming

o

Very nice tomatoes and in February! I didn't even start mine till Feb. Punta Banda, V. Pink and early girl still producing. Zucchini is taking off. Definitely recommend the Costata Romanesco. Taste and texture are delicious. Simply roasted with herbs and salt is the best.

o

You should've seen the green ones I plucked in December when it was supposed to freeze during our vacation. I gave them to a friend to make fried green tomatoes...
My plants were "over-summered " to produce fruits at that time of year. I think I'm going to sick with a variation of that strategy from now on! The only wrench in the plan would be if we get unusually cold winters as we did a few years back...

-Ming

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here