Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Loving todays weather

Posted by mangledmind AZ 9B (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 12, 10 at 13:53

Today is soooo nice, been outside all morning. So cool and beautiful. But no rain in the west valley yet, can smell it, but not a drop YET

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Loving todays weather

We got a couple drops here in Havasu. It sprinkled for a couple of minutes. Very refreshing. Temps topped out in the low 90's today. Just opened up the house as is currently 86 outside with a nice little breeze.

I lost two of my potted figs last week. Most of my little orchard was looking stressed, which resulted in me covering most of my inground trees with shade cloth for a couple of days. Today I uncovered them and they are looking great.

Dave

o

Yesterday was GREAT wasn't it??? I turned off the AC after having it on for only a week. So nice! It was 63 when I got up and only got to 84. Wonderful stuff, especially considering I spent most of the day digging and doing hard labor with the irrigation system. No rain in N Scottsdale, but I could see plenty of it just to the west.

This morning is great too. Nice to get a break! Every person I talked to out and about yesterday commented as well. My nasturtiums, petunias, and geraniums will think they've gotten a reprieve, LOL.

Take care all,
Grant

o

In our village it got up to 86, at 5000 feet it was 75, at 7000 feet it got up to 65. Guess where we spent the afternoon?
Norm

o

what on earth happened to our beautiful weekend weather?

100F + forecast for the remainder of the week, poor veggies gonna cook in this heat :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here