Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soil testing

Posted by nutcr0cker 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 14:31

I want my soil to be lab tested for pH etc. I have read other threads that mention changler analyical. I am not sure if the guys at Chandler analytical were just trying to brush me off, but got quoted $400+ for soil testing. My question is have you guys gotten your soil tested? and where in AZ? Any recommendations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soil testing

This is the only link I could find on the extension's webpage:
http://cals.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/az1111.pdf
for soil testing. It is just a list of possible lab. Unfortunately Chandler Analytical was on the list.

I think Depot has some simple ph meters and things like that. For 400+ you could probably get anything you want there.

Sorry, I was kind of curious myself. Let me know if you find a reasonable resource.

Here is a link that might be useful: list of soil testing places

o

I checked a few websites from the link and most of them are consulting services. Seems like soil testiong in AZ is a dud. We'll have to find online lab :)

o

I contacted a friend of mine who told me about an affordable solution for soil testing. She sent me info on 2 so I'll post two messages so I can place a link. Hope this works for you. Basic test is $45.

Here is a link that might be useful: Timberlake Soil Testing

o
RE: Soil testing.

This one promises a "complete soil analysis" for about $50

Here is a link that might be useful: Grow Organic dot com soil testing

This post was edited by marymcp on Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 15:49

o

I use the linked below. "S3C with recommendations" for under $27. You have to one time register first.

Here is a link that might be useful: Midwest Labs

o

Fascist_Nation>> thanks for the link.....found it two daya ago. They have excellent prices and they also have a promotion of free 20 soil bags

o

yeah, good soil testing resource, thanks.

Years ago I sent some of my peach tree leaves to a university lab for tissue analysis (Clemson Univ.) I thought they did a good job and weren't expensive.

I'm not that anxious to get soil tests here because I kind of know what it will say (high salts, high pH, low organic matter, P somewhat low and K sufficient.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here