Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o

Posted by laurahatt214 Az (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 16:31

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Been looking for a garden forum where ppl actually talk lol. Hope to make some new friends.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New member

Hello and welcome, where in Arizona are you located? What do you like to garden?

o

Hi Laura, glad to have you aboard!

o

Hi there! Welcome to the forum and thanks for the introduction! We do talk on this forum, so please jump on in. We'd love to see/hear more about your garden, and where in AZ you live and what your garden is like. Gardenweb has added a nice new feature that makes it SO EASY to upload pics now (there's a "browse" button right above where I'm typing, and we can now click on it and browse out to a pic on our computer that we wan to upload (and then view on "preview").

Welcome again. We hope you'll post as much as possible, as often as possible. Take care and happy gardening! Grant

o

Hi! Hope to see you around!

Thought I'd take this opportunity to check out the new picture upload feature...

o

Very wonderful photo. I am in Golden Valley AZ...where are yall? I am trying to get use to the site. Is there a place that when someone replies to your message that you will get an email stating that?

o

welcome, and yes you can get replys sent straight to you e-mail if you click on the square right above the Preview Message button. it says "Check here if you would like post replies emailed to you." once again welcome.
Devon

o

Thank you so much Devon for the help!

o

Laura, I'm posting the answer to your question here so it doesn't get lost on the other thread. It appears that you are somewhere around 2,900' elevation; that means your growing season is much different than here in Phoenix - and Florida, for sure! My advice: Look around and see what your neighbors are planting and when. Connect with the Master Gardener program in Mohave County; they should be very helpful. Kingman is at a higher elevation than Golden Valley, but nurseries there might also help you out with suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mohave County Extension Service

o

Here's an article by Linda Reddick, one of Mohave's Master Gardeners. (There's also a contact person, Vicki Coombs, listed at the bottom of the article.) Linda talks about a gardening method developed by Duane Clupper of Kingman. I knew Mr. Clupper years ago, but I don't know if he's still there (or even alive) now. The instructions Linda gives is not exactly Mr. C's 'recipe', but should work anyway. If Mr. C. is still there, and if you could meet him, you would gain a world of knowledge about gardening.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garbage bag gardening

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here