Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant Sale!

Posted by tomatofreak Z9 Phx USA (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 11:32

I get e-mails from this nursery and today got notification of their "wholesale price" sale of a long list of plants. It may not be the best time to plant, but I have to agree with them that plants are happier in the ground than in pots at this time of year. Anyhoo, it may be worth a trip. I've been there a few times and it's a really pretty place with friendly, knowledgeable people. Note: I have no interest in this company, just thought I'd share news of a sale.

Here is a link that might be useful: plant sale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Sale!

Too bad it's in Phx, that's a great sale. Desert Survivors in Tucson will have a 10% off sale but it won't be until October 13th.

I just bought a Penstemon Eatonii at Home Depot for $4.50, bad time of year, but it's $2 cheaper than the nursery so I took a chance and bought it. Will baby it for a while to make sure it makes it.

o

Love the colors! Are you actually growing cilantro? All your plants look happy. I'm gonna have a talk with mine....

o

Tomatofreak,
On the left of the pot is basil and to the right is Italian parsley. I had cilantro but it died in the hot sun even though it got afternoon shade. I will buy again and plant in the Oasis.

This area is on the north of the house, almost all day shade, which I call the Oasis because there I can grow anything that won't grow anywhere else in my yard. If it says the plant needs full sun, I don't think that applies to Arizona. LOL I think the heat and light is so strong that plants do well in almost full shade.

I'm just resting the Penstemon there for a few days, it looked like it was dying at the Home Depot and I felt sorry for it. Then I will plant in a spot with afternoon shade. If you have an area like my Oasis plant your cilantro there, that's where I will plant mine in the fall.

o

I agree Naturelover, a couple of weekends ago, we ran into Singh farms by accident and went in..all that lovely shade and all those happy plants. I think full sun here means full winter sun, lol..and lots of cooling shade in the summer. Have five more trees on my list after seeing that place..even tho my husband says I can't possibly fit them in..yes, yes, I can, lol..winter sun, summer shade..and I think most things would do just fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here