Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

Echinopsis!

grant_in_arizona
10 years ago

Hi everyone, I know they're super common all over the Valley, and they're super easy to grow and keep happy, but I think Echinopsis are still worth highlighting now and then, don't you? They're immune to anything our climate gives them winter or summer, and they bloom off and on over and over and over spring through autumn, oh, and they're lovely too, so I've gotten a bit addicted, hah!

I've got a ton in bloom right now, what about you? I just give mine either afternoon shade, or dappled shade all day and water only when very, very dry. I don't shade them in summer or cover them in winter (welcome to my garden, hah!) and they just thrive. Below are some pics just to celebrate these easy, fun, not-too-spiny plants. I hope you'll take a quick look and enjoy, and add any pics/experiences with your Echinopsis too! Happy gardening, Grant

Echinopsis 'Los Angeles' from yesterday, with Wilson the tennis ball to show size.

{{gwi:410009}}

A different individual of 'Los Angeles' making three blooms today. These pup/offset like crazy and I'm glad they do.

{{gwi:410335}}

Hybrid Echinopsis 'Cabaret' this morning

{{gwi:410337}}

A no-ID Echinopsis I purchased 6 or 7 years ago that makes several big flushes of blooms spring through autumn. Here it is in bloom this morning. I sure wish it would pup/make offsets so I could share/propagate it! Neat tan-pink-peach blooms with a very sweet, light, floral scent

{{gwi:410338}}

A closer view of one of the six blooms on the plant above

{{gwi:410340}}

Another noID Echinopsis with nice screaming hot pink and magenta flowers, blooming this morning.

{{gwi:410342}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics from my garden, July 2013

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES