Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ccarroll_gw

Somewhat O.T.: foam roofing

ccarroll
9 years ago

This isn't precisely about gardens, but it relates specifically to Arizona, so I thought I might try my luck. I have a foam roof in Phoenix, and the first time I had to deal with it (after dumping a guy who was trying to scam me on the previous warranty), since I was totally ignorant, I did tons or research, not only getting multiple bids, but even talking to the company that manufactures the foam. I ended up with a company that I liked a lot called Star, a reasonable price, a thicker-than-usual coating.

I'm a little uneasy because I'm past the warranty expiration, with no extra money to spend. But when I've called my roofer occasionally to have him check on the condition, and if necessary ask if I should do the equivalent of a touch-up, he's saying that it's probably fine, no knowing for sure, but that next time around, it'll be time to start from scratch with a whole new roof.

I wondered if any of you have experience with this. I suppose I'm uneasily wondering if he's telling me not to worry just because he prefers the big payoff of an overall job. I'm not crazy about the prospect of sitting around waiting until there's an actual leak.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths