Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone tried growing Stephanotis vines in PHX?

Posted by CSemerad 8b Queen Creek (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 05 at 19:29

I am captivated by Stephanotis, and would love to try growing it here in QC, specifically near our north facing front door that gets full sun. Anyone have any experience with this vine? Would it do better in another area? We also have the east facing sideyard, morning sun; north facing backyard, full sun. Part of the frontyard also is partial shade, from 1 or 2pm on.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone tried growing Stephanotis vines in PHX?

I had one last year in a pot on my north-facing patio. It was doing alright, I thought. It died and I think it was because of the wet season we had. It wouldn't have minded in warm weather but cold and wet (the pot retained more water than I expected) rotted it.

o

• Posted by usha z8AZ,Nscottsdal (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 6, 05 at 11:10

Judy and I had talked about this before. I saw one at HD recently. Could not help myself. Right now it is on my north facing patio..facing inside. So far seems to be ok.

o

They're also being sold at yuccado dot com.

Pagancat, the enabler

o

I brought two stephanotis vines with me when I relocated to Arizona from Michigan by way of Alabama. One which is approximately 15 years old the other approximately 10 years old. I arrived here mid November and they have stayed outside from that point on. Currently one is on the north facing wall the other on the west. Both have stared to bloom again. I have not summered with them yet but I intend to place them on the patio or bring inside during the hottest months. Mine adore 20-20-20 plant food and plenty of it... I use a systemic to prevent the odd bugs I've seen here and in Alabama on them.... And most important mist mist mist them they like the humidity around them, a tray below them with rocks and water may assist in the humidity. Ironite spray if they start having a yellowing hue to the leaves....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here