Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pear harvest in Camp Verde

Posted by campv 8b (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 17:10

Our pear trees did ok this year. The Asian is just starting to ripen the rest of them will be good in about a week or so.
These comice pears were picked today and will need to go in the frig for about a week to get their sugars flowing. They do not tree ripen. The rest of the stuff is just from the garden.
It has been good this year!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pear harvest in Camp Verde

Lucky you! It all looks yummy! I love pears.

o

Terrific looking harvest there, and a neat artistic photo, too. Thanks for letting us enjoy the bounty too. Pears are one of my very favorite fruit and yours look so great. You've got a very green thumb, please keep the pics and updates coming! It's so fun to see, and hear, who is growing what, where! Happy gardening!

o

Update---- needed to do something with all those pears!
Still have maybe 6 more jars to can.
It took longer than I thought it would for them to ripen and coring them was a real pain but it will be worth it come winter, I think.

o

Good for you. I am feeling hungry for pears now.

o

Neat! I'm sure it's a lot of work (I'm amazed at people who can, but to me it's a scary, alien, dangerous process with tons of bizarre equipment, hah) but I'm sure you'll appreciate having those wonderful pears all winter long. Terrific!

Thanks for the fun updates!
Happy gardening and happy eating!
Grant
(who always buys houses (I'm on #6!) with the smallest kitchens possible, LOL--hey, I'm a gardener not a chef!).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here