Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you ready?

Posted by arizonny z9 Tempe (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 21, 09 at 19:08

For a little 60% chance of rain on Saturday and highs in the lower to mid 90s. Woot!!!

I know my yard will appreciate a nice rain.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
yes--)re: are you ready?

Hah, fun animation. My rain barrels and I are ready. :)

If anyone gets some rain, post an update or two. I've got several rain gauges around the garden--I'd love to see them put to good use.

Take care,
Grant

o
RE: Are you ready?

We got totally soaked last night around 7:30'ish. Nice thunder and lightening show as well. It's raining again now. No rain gauge....note to self...pick one up, and some rain barrels too.

Cool animation arizonny.

o
0.3 inches last night

We picked up 0.3 inches last night (Friday night). Plenty of wind and lightning too. My rain barrel filled up about 2 feet with water (it collects from a third of the roof area). I set out two of my good old Home Depot orange buckets under some other downspouts and they'r both full. That'll be especially nice for houseplants.

I wouldn't mind a bit more. Keep the updates coming.
Take care,
Grant

o

o

I've just come in from doing my happy dance ! I watered everyone, washed the car for good measure and guess what !? It WORKED ! It's actually raining more than "polka dots" on the concrete ! It's been a steady shower (not a downpour) for almost an hour...I sat out on the deck initially, but got "chilly", the temp got down to 80 degrees...seriously...but I quickly recovered and sat back and enjoyed watching the rain drops come down !

Now back to watching the Little League World Series games...with the Diamondbacks inbetween...or vice versa ! we'll just see how the scoring goes !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here