Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peach Tree

Posted by every1lovesjoey 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 20:25

When it becomes planting time for peaches what type is recommended for the Phoenix area? I loves peaches and cannot wait to plant a tree!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peach Tree

Here is a good list. Generally any with a cumulative chill hour rating of 300 hours or less and that the harvest is before July will be good to excellent. Most are self fertile...make sure any you select are if you are only going to plant one tree. Remember most fruit is only good for 2-3 weeks on the tree at most.

Here is a link that might be useful: Try page 17

o

RSI has ads on Craigslist for peaches and other fruit trees. Got me thinking I should get one. Or two.

Here is a link that might be useful: peach trees

o

I had one for several years (Floridaprince.) Very bad luck. Micro-nutrient deficiencies. I cut it down two months ago.

Maybe your soil is better than mine is. Good luck. I've read Eva's Pride is very good variety.

o

Thank you everyone for your advice! I have read that Florida Prince is a good one for the area as well as the Eva Pride. My trees seems to thrive in my soil so I'm hopeful the peach tree will take off nicely.

o

We had a Desert Gold in Scottsdale many years ago, it was vigorous and LOADED with so much fruit the birds couldn't keep up! It bloomed in January (very ornamental) and I think we picked fruit in April or May. If you have room for two, get that one for early peaches.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here