Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
palm_lover

Where can I find a reasonable priced date palm trees

palm_lover
13 years ago

I looking to add a few large canary palm trees and some medjool date palms but the prices are crazy. Anyone know a good source for these???? I want the tropical look in the desert. Also, anyone try coconut palm tress out here? I live in Phoenix.

Comments (3)

• User
    13 years ago

They are slow growers...if you want large ones, they will be pricey.

• grant_in_arizona
    13 years ago

I love date palms and wish I had the space for them. If you're growing them for fruit, the little Sphynx Date Ranch store in old town Scottsdale usually has small named offsets of fruiting types for sale, but again those are for culinary trees rather than ornamental. I see the ads in the paper all the time for Moon Valley Nurseries and their giant date palms, so they might be worth calling to check prices.

If you find a good place, definitely post it here, we'd love to see, and who doesn't love a good bargain. :)

There have been several threads over the years on this forum about folks trying coco palms, and sadly almost all end in failure as they struggle in the hot summers and get serious damage in frosty winters. If you give them a try, let us know how it works out good or bad.

I do love palms and wish I had room for more.
    Take care,
    Grant

• softmentor
    13 years ago

maybe I can help. I'm a date grower in Coachella Valley and I know some of the growers in Yuma and Phoenix. what size are you looking for?
    You can also contact me at my email
    softmentor@netzero.com

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting