Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

Almost-orange, Cassia platyphylla blooms

grant_in_arizona
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I hope you and your gardens are well. And that you're also starting to notice signs of our "spring" as the temperatures begin to cool off a bit (and the duration of the hottest part of the day is getting shorter too). In any case, I see plenty of plants beginning to revive in preparation for our long gentle growing season.

One plant that is totally perking up (not that it slowed down at all) is my Cassia platyphylla which is beginning to make its first cheddar-cheese colored blooms. Below is a pic of one bloom cluster that just started opening this week (link at the bottom of my post too in case the embedded pic doesn't work for you).

Almost-orange, Cassia platyphylla

{{gwi:416519}}

I love this plant! It's grown from a tiny seedling to a five foot by five foot plant and it's just covered in buds now. It hosted some voracious caterpillars mid-summer but has since outgrown them (sulphur butterfly caterpillars?). In any case, this is my first time growing this species so I thought I'd share it. I hope you'll take a look and enjoy the pic.

If you're growing it, let us hear alllll about your experience good or bad.

Take care,

Grant

Comments (3)