Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
binoysaha

Need Banana Tree

binoysaha
9 years ago

I am from east valley of Phoenix Metro. I need banana tree ASAP. Where can I find a banana tree. Lowes/Home Depot does not carry banana tree anymore (or at least they don't have right now due hot summer weather still going on)..

Comments (8)

• waterbug_guy
    9 years ago

Tropica Mango in Apache Junction if you need a banana that produces fruit. Real nurseries like Whitfill, Baker, Elgin, etc may have both ornamental and fruiting. I'd call first.

• kevininphx
    9 years ago

funny - I have seen them at our local Home Depot (36th & Thomas) and occasional Lowes ALL SUMMER LONG as well as at Whitfil, Berridge and Baker again - all summer long!

I would suggest making calls to the nurseries as you will probably have better luck unless someone on here happens to work at one. . .

Strange that you would have such an "emergency" but would think this would be the most "ASAP" way to find something as common as a banana . . . sorry, just had to say!

• 1212dusti
    9 years ago

Tropica Mango is a fun place to visit, and he's got lots of banana trees. I got one from eBay for around 7 or 8 dollars, and it's a quick grower. Can't remember where I got my patio banana, but it's several feet tall, mail order also. Specific tropicals can be hard to find, sometimes it's quicker and easier just to do mail order.

• newtoucan
    9 years ago

Why the banana hysteria?

• waterbug_guy
    9 years ago

Banana split party this weekend.

• iandyaz
    9 years ago

If you don't care about the age of the plant, I bought mine online. They are really small when you get them, but they grow fast. I bought the first 2 plants about a year and a half ago and they are getting really big now (over 6'4' now) with lots of offshoots. I got 2 more about 8 months ago. I bought all my banana plants from a place in Florida on Ebay.. I forgot the name, but it started with a W, and they were only 7 bucks each (not including shipping).

I got mine from Wellspring Gardens and here's a link to the first 2 I bought:

Just note that the ice cream bananas don't handle full noon-time sun in the summer as well as some others. The other two I bought were the Manzano ones, and they do much better in the sun, but still look better with a little shade later in summer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay link to Blue Java Bananas

This post was edited by iAndy on Mon, Sep 8, 14 at 16:09

• ra
    9 years ago

I bought mine too from eBay from a guy in Florida. But what I bought were 4 huge corms of apple bananas instead of little plants that you find on there. These corms grew several banana pups on them within weeks and now I have over 12 bananas all around 4-5ft tall.

• Tristan Pierson
    9 years ago

When I move there I'll share my ice cream banana. I have six now and I started with one. Haha

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery