Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paperwhite_gw

Pictures of Rangoon Creeper

paperwhite
18 years ago

Hi All,

I just got back from vacation in India and here is my mom's rangoon creeper. Boy was i envious of it!

I took tons of pictures of flowers/plants and will post them here shortly. I also got back seeds that i can share with a few of you here on the forum.

{{gwi:417398}}

{{gwi:417401}}

{{gwi:417403}}

{{gwi:417405}}

{{gwi:417407}}

Comments (17)

• judy_b
    18 years ago

Oooh, I can't wait 'til mine looks like that, though I'm afraid that's going to be a while. Lovely.

• Garden_trolip
    18 years ago

Wow! What a great plant!

• DesertDreamer
    18 years ago

Beautiful plant!

• Pagancat
    18 years ago

Just gorgeous!

Welcome home, hope you had a terrific time in India!

• birdlady_in_mesa
    18 years ago

Ooolllaaalllaaa! *she sighed*

Welcome back!

Susie

• shell2256
    18 years ago

Absolutely, positively gorgeous!

• Easygoing
    18 years ago

Very nice PW. Mine is growing rapidly, but it's not that big yet. How old is that one? So it blooms again in the fall huh? I'll have to check for some blooms on it tomorrow morning.

Easy

• jimdaz
    18 years ago

I thought of you yesterday. My Crepe Jasmine is blooming. And yes, it is very fragrant in the morning. It loses the perfume as the heat gets to it. Wonderful plant. Welcome back, and autumn is right ahead of us!

• paperwhite
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks all. I cant wait to meet up with you guys during our fall get together. I have poicinia seeds, henna and few others that i collected on my trip.

Easy,

Back home it looks like it is blooming all the time :-). This plant is maybe 4-5 years old. Since the weather is tropical there is really no big shifts in temps.

jimdaz,
    Crepe Jasmine, i have pictures of those as well which i will post here real soon. I have been wanting to get one of those as well.

Pagancat,
    I ordered the tuberose bulbs from the place you suggested and one of them has three spike and is ready to bloom any one of these days. i am so excited. Thanks for the information.

• Pagancat
    18 years ago

Good luck on the tuberoses - I've been kind of frustrated with mine. I get a spike, I get buds, but they just kind of sit there until they eventually dry up - arrgh!!! I'm hoping that the heat was a factor and that I'll get some full blossoms here soon.

It would appear that most of the stuff from that site is really of good size (the old bigger is better thing!) - i've been pleased with all I've gotten from them. Did you order anything else?

• grant_in_arizona
    18 years ago

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing the pics....always a treat to see a lovely, happy plant in full bloom. I love it. What's the botanical name again?

Thanks for the eye candy. Welcome back and keep the pics coming!

Take care,
    Grant

• Easygoing
    18 years ago

Hi Grant,

Scientific name is "Quisqualis Indica".

alan

• azbolt
    18 years ago

Does anyone have it growing in mostly full sun? Looks like it would do great on my chain link fence, but it has to take mostly sun....any ideas?

Kevin

• csands
    15 years ago

I bought one in a hanging basket last yr, haven't seen one since and want more! I wondered about planting it..this is TX and it does freeze so I left half in the basket, planted half. The basket FLOURISHED in our greenhouse over winter and is HUGE w blooms...the one I left in the ground came back but isn't blooming, too much shade. I'm wonderng if you can DIVIDE, i.e. take the one in the basked and cut it n half thru the root mass?
    Any ideas?

• popper1
    15 years ago

Kevin-I have a couple here in central Florida in full sun, both the normal and the double flowered variety. They do very well but do get watered regularly.

csands-I am not sure about dividing the root ball but the regularly variety does root well from cuttings, the double flowered type is tougher to root.

David, Fl

• teesaz
    15 years ago

Wow what a gorgeous plant! Are the flowers very fragrant?

• joshijnd_gmail_com
    12 years ago

Beautiful picture of "Madhumalati".
    I have a single flower and double flower plants. Single flower plant is 4 years old. It did not bloom once. Double flower plant is one year old and blooming so well. Can any one tell me what type of fertilizer should be used to make it bloom?