Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plants that don't attract BEES!

Posted by golfergal Arizona (Goodyear) (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 07 at 12:19

Hi,
We just bought a home in Goodyear, Arizona and we are in the middle of our landscape design. We would like a landscape that is NOT bee friendly. I am allergic and afraid of bees would like to know if there are any plants, shrubs, flowers...etc, that don't attract bees?? We would love to have some color with flowers and shrubs but we also realize bees like color. Can your help....any suggestions?? Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plants that don't attract BEES!

I am allergic to the little buggers too! I have noticed that I rarely see them near my hibiscus.. and they do so well here. The nurseries have so many different shades and colors right now, maybe you can find some that will work in your yard? Good luck!

o

Thanks YOGI-GARDENER! I love hibiscus....what a great idea! That's exactly what I was looking for...something to add color without the BEE's! Thank you!

o

I live in Colorado (zone 5) and my granddaughter lives in Washington (zone 7). We both cannot tolerate bees and yellow jackets, but love flowers and plants. What type of plants and flowers can we plant in pots outside. I love hibiscus also, but cant seem to make them grow in Colorado. Would love some help with this.

o

it's way to cold in colorado for hibiscus i'd say try some of the more colorfull yuccas and agaves allthough they don't flower they can add a little color to ur landscape

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here