Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phxplantaddict

Curry tree/plant murraya koenigii in Phoenix

phxplantaddict
13 years ago

I have many curry plants/trees and was wondering if anyone here knew how to prepare the leaves for cooking/flavoring? Thank you Azleatherking@aol.com

Comments (11)

• newtoucan
    13 years ago

I was looking for the curry tree. Where did you get it in Phoenix?

I believe you can do a lot of things. You can saute it in oil and add garlic and onions, then with chicken. It's very fragrant. Look up some Indian and Thai recipes.

Is it easy to grow here.

• phxplantaddict
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I grow them from starts. Slow growers, but nice trees with an exotic scent. If you would like to see them email me to set up a time. Thx for your response.

• nutcr0cker
    13 years ago

I am also in phoenix AZ, phxplantaddict : How do you germinate the seeds. I have only 10% success rate with seeds that eventually die. Could you give me so tips. The curry leaves are commonly used in south Indian cuisine. Ypu can either freeze them or dry them. Freezing them gives better flavor. Some people use it as an additive ot pickles. I would say best is fresh especially with the 5 lentil soup you get at sprouts.

• plantus_nerdus
    13 years ago

I've recently started cooking Indian food and am now I'd like to start growing the herbs and spices in my garden. I would love to know where to get seeds or divisions from the curry tree. Where did you get your seeds nutcr0cker? From what I've read, the seeds need to be relatively fresh and cannot be allowed to dry out before planting. If anyone knows where I can buy either of these around the Phoenix area, please let me know.

• bimaldshah
    10 years ago

phxplantaddict - Do you still have any curry leave plants/seeds that you would like to share?

Thanks,

• justgarima
    8 years ago

Are you still interested in curry leaves recipes? I am looking for curry. Leaves plants ...how did you grow them? We use it as a garnish on lentils or Indian soups. If you have it raw in the morning it will help you in many ways. Let me know if you are interested. Also let me know if you sell curry leaves plants.

• ksarangan
    8 years ago

There is a nursery called Tropica Mango in Apache Junction outside of Phoenix that has saplings and sometimes plants. Give it a try. That's where I got my plant. It was a little less than a foot tall when I purchased it in April. It is now almost 3 feet. It grows very well.

• Anees Shaik
    8 years ago

So happy to know someone has curry plant growing in Phoenix.Im trying from long time to find this plant. Do you have extra plants to share?

• Kimberly Anderson
    3 years ago

I cook Indian food and looking to purchase some curry plants if you have any.

• HighColdDesert
    3 years ago

Last activity on this post is 5 years old, but maybe if you're lucky, people with some to share will happen to open this post. Best of luck! I'm so glad I got one! (But I don't live in your country so i can't help you out)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery