Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laura81_gw

Bobcat in my yard

Laura81
10 years ago

I caught a pic of a bobcat strolling around my yard. Very cool for me! Not a great picture.

Comments (29)

• ChasingCenturies (Arizona 9b)
    10 years ago

Awesome! Way to go, they seem most visible in my area in autumn, as they clean up the local rabbit population. Here is a little kitty that actually posed for me a few years back. I have about 40 pics of this little guy.

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, lucky you, mine doesn't want to hold still and pose. Your picture is amazing! I wish they would do something about the rabbits. I have live trapped about 20 this summer and relocated them but it has hardly made a dent. There are still tiny baby bunnies in my yard. Come on predators!

10 years ago

How do you live trap 20 rabbits? That's amazing!

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rabbits love apples, so I just throw some chunks in the back of the cage and a few in front of the cage and Presto! bunny in the cage. Of course, Javelina like apples too and I have had my cage tossed about 30 feet as the greedy piggies try to get the apples.

10 years ago

Dang, that is excellent! I'll have to give that a shot!

• v8vega
    10 years ago

WOW...I would love too see one of those liitle guys! My wife loves rabbits though. We have a "House Rabbit" named Marshall.

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well V8Vega if I can have your address I'll bring Marshall some outdoor friends!

10 years ago

If Marshall got near my Agaves, you could rename him Hasenpfeffer.

• v8vega
    10 years ago

No more rabbits for me! I'm trying to grow plants & trees for our property in Sunizona but Marshall loves to garden creating a whole bunch of issues. I have more milk crates stacked up than Shamrock Farms. :(

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

V8Vega, Is Marshall an inside the house rabbit?

• campv 8b AZ
    10 years ago

Years back when my daughter was small (living in California @ the time) she came running into the house- Mommy, mommy there is a kitty outside. Can I keep it?
    What kitty, show me. It was a bob cat! No you can not keep it.

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

campv, I thought the same as your daughter. Can I keep it? I wonder how much Fancy Feast it would take?

• v8vega
    10 years ago

Laura, Marshall goes in & out as he pleases. If he is outside, he has a HUGE custom built dog house complete with air conditioning if he gets warm.
    He likes to hang out with us in the living room most of the time though. He pretty much goes where the action is & jumps in with all four paws. He's a lot of fun..

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

V8Vega, Does he have a "rabbit door" to go in and out of the house? What breed is he? Housetrained? This is very interesting to me.

• v8vega
    10 years ago

Laura, he is a Rex and no, we don't have a rabbit door. When it's real hot, we leave him inside most of the time while we are at work. When we are home, he will scratch at the arcadia door when he wants in or out. When the weather is nice, we leave the door open for him & us. His "Rabbit House" has the clear vinyl strips to keep in the cool air, but he can see out. Marshall is also best friends with the cat across the alley who jumps into my yard every morning. They chase each other around for hours.
    We have had 2 "House Rabbits" & both took all of 5 minutes to litter box train! They are a totally different animal if you don't keep them caged.

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

He sounds very nice provided he didn't gnaw on your furniture and things. Don't you worry about hawks? I never thought of a rabbit as a house pet before. Do you have any pictures of him?

• v8vega
    10 years ago

Marshall doesn't chew, but he is much better about that issue than our last rabbit (Murphy). The big problem is electrical cords. You must cover & protect them or the rabbit will get them. When rabbits get used to their new home, they will calm down big time. Here is a pic of Marshall laying against a frozen 2L. bottle of water. Rabbits love them.

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So adorable! Frozen water bottles, that is a great idea for keeping your critter chillin'. Thanks for telling me about him and showing me a picture.

• dlg421
    10 years ago

Wow to both bobcat pictures.

Laura I hope that you are not relocating your rabbits to my neighborhood. It seems that we have seen an increase in them lately (just kidding!)

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

dlg421, I hope I haven't brought any extras your way but if you live way out in the desert by FH it is possible.

10 years ago

^ Ahem.

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

In my defense, Germanstar, I didn't know that was your house I left the bunnies at.

• dlg421
    10 years ago

Laura have you thought of eating the rabbits? They can be quite tasty.

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

dlg421, I used to have to eat them when I was young and now I just couldn't do it. All wild game is off the table for me. Do you hunt?

10 years ago

@ Laura81:

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here!

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

GermanStar, I used to collect Looney Tunes things.

• dlg421
    10 years ago

Laura, I use to hunt and fish when I lived in Wisconsin, but not since moving to AZ.

• dlg421
    10 years ago

Laura, I use to hunt and fish when I lived in Wisconsin, but not since moving to AZ.

• Laura81
    Original Author
    10 years ago

dlg421, I like Wisconsin. Beautiful state . I have really gotten off the topic of the first post.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm