A visit to Boyce Thompson Arboretum

Posted by GermanStar 9b (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 18:44

A visit to Boyce Thompson Arboretum

Here is a link that might be useful: Boyce Thompson Arboretum

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A visit to Boyce Thompson Arboretum

Great pics, GermanStar! You're such a good photographer! I love the Arboretum too, and finally joined as a member last year. I figured I go there every month or three, and I hit most of their plant sales etc., that the savings from admission and the retail discount more than make up for it. Great pics, thanks for sharing them. I love the little toad in the one pic! Happy gardening! Grant

o

I had never been. I am reminded of our two fine zoos. While the Phoenix zoo has improved dramatically over the past several years and certainly boasts the more extensive collection, I would rather visit the World Wildlife Zoo any day of the week. As much as I love the desert, the rare pleasure of a lake and a relaxed walk in the woods cannot be understated. And that is what the BTA offers over the DBG. Bring the dogs, plan a picnic, take a walk in the woods. Commune with nature (or a facsimile thereof) in a way that is beyond the purview of the DBG. Besides, I had never before experienced a pomegranate jungle. The gift shop alone is worth the trip.

This post was edited by GermanStar on Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 23:08

o

Another very cool place to add to my go see list. You should have stood by the giant agave for a comparative picture like Grant and his tennis ball.

o

Next time I'll bring the pups so one of 'em can snap the pic. ;-)

o

You could put one of the dogs as a comparative then unless they are more talented than any dogs I have owned. An Afghan with a Nikon.

o

The Saluki will teach him.

o

Of course! That makes perfect sense. I'll look forward to her next pic.

o

Boyce Thompson Arboretum Fall Sale commences Friday, Oct 11. Based upon my prior experience and recent travels, this may be the sale to attend. The stuff they had out for sale on an average day just business as usual was really impressive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here