Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desert Museum Plant Sale this Sat. 9/29

Posted by Juttah Tucson (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 26, 12 at 18:50

The AZ Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson is having their 2012 fall public plant sale this Saturday, 9/29 from 7:30am to 3:00pm.

Gotta love those Fall plant sales -- less people = better selection, more parking, and for most desert plants, October is the best month to be transplanted!

Here is a link that might be useful: 12th Annual Plant Sale -- Plant List

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desert Museum Plant Sale this Sat. 9/29

Whoo boy.... I have never been to *their* plant sale....!

Thanks!

o

Let us know what you get! Thanks for sharing it with everyone!

o

In honor of the Desert Museum, I got 2 Desert Museum Palo Verde from the APS workshop this morning. I wish I could make their sale, maybe next year....?

o

As plant sales go, it was quite small and appeared to be picked-over from the previous days' Members-Only sale, as many of the plants on the list were not available. I showed up around 11:00 and scored the last Chocolate Flower and Fragrant Evening Primrose.

I also picked up a large Mt. Lemmon marigold, Blue Mistflower, and an Apache Plume. Two impulse purchases were Frogfruit and Littleleaf Greentwig, an irresistibly pretty little shrub I'd never heard which was only $7... (Still debating where to plant it)

Other unusual plants they had were Arizona blackberry, very healthy-looking white sage (along with some lesser-known sage varieties), baby saguaros, organ pipes, and various native cacti, Santa Rita acacia, and an assortment of "workhorse" desert-adapted plants like Triangleleaf bursage, Mariola, and Ephedra.

All-in-all, I'm glad I went, but next time I'll either show up earlier or become a member :)

o

Neat! Glad you found some fun plants. You got some real winner there. We're looking forward to pics/updates when you get them planted.

Thanks again for mentioning the sale--keep us posted!
Happy gardening, and planting!
Grant

o

Interesting - I had never heard of the Littleleaf, either. Neat looking plant.

If it was too sparse, you could always come up for the DBG sale, lol...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here