Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

Big Bugs exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden

grant_in_arizona
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I visit the Desert Botanical Garden several times a month (I'm a member, AND I'm cheap, so I go often since I only pay a once a year membership fee, LOL), and last weekend they had the new Big Bugs exhibit installed, which was a real treat. I took some casual pictures in case anyone wanted to see. It's really fun and definitely worth the trip.

Pics are in one of my picasaweb photo albums--the link is below. Take a look if you're curious, and if you go, let us see/hear what you think.

Take care,

Grant

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Bugs Exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden

Comments (11)

• dlg421
    12 years ago

Grant,

This link doesn't seem to be working. The one in your other message did work.

dlg

• grant_in_arizona
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hiya DLG and all,

Hmmmm...I just re-tried it and it worked fine. Picasaweb had some server issues earlier today so maybe that was the issue? Let me know, dog or anyone reading along.

Thanks!
    Grant

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Bugs exhibit pics, take 2 :)

• grant_in_arizona
    Original Author
    12 years ago

A sneak peek at some of the pics from the fun exhibit.

Giant mantis

{{gwi:419842}}

Three large ants climbing over the hill by the upper trail.

{{gwi:419844}}

• Haname
    12 years ago

Wow Grant, that looks like fun! Thanks for posting these two pics, I also wasn't able to see the picasa page. The error message I got was:

Sorry, that page was not found.

• xica_da_silva
    12 years ago

OMG that's awesome, Grant! I'll have to get up to Gardens sometime...haven't been in a while.

Ok...now I am totally tempted to get a big mantis like that and stick it in my backyard. So cool!

However, no CRICKETS, dead or living, whether 'flesh' or metal, are welcome anywhere near my house! Bad crickets...always trying to munch on my delicious strawberries!

• dlg421
    12 years ago

I still can't get the link to work, but those are some super bugs in the two pics you posted.

• grant_in_arizona
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Big spider on a wooden web on the shade structure in the cactus garden {{gwi:419845}}

Yours truly with a giant ladybug in the new home gardening area (where the herb garden is/was).

{{gwi:419846}}

• xica_da_silva
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing the amazing pics, Grant. Those are all kinds of awesome! Any info on the artist? Or is it a group of artists?

• grant_in_arizona
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks to folks who looked at or commented on the pics. You can check out more information on the Desert Botanical Garden's website (pasted below). The exhibit is from September 12, 2011 to January 1, 2012. I thought it was really neat to see, and it's good to have any excuse to visit our wonderful botanical garden.

Take care,
    Grant

LOL about crickets, Xica!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Desert Botanical Garden's website

• calb_gardner
    12 years ago

I was there on Tues 20th it was pretty cool I did not know they had a new exhibit I brought some out of town family. It was cheaper to renew my membership. Now to get there a few more times this year.thanx for the pics ...nice to see a face to your many posts.

• grant_in_arizona
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Glad you enjoyed the exhibit. Membership at the garden is really reasonably priced when you consider you can go as many times a year as you'd like, and you get 10% off purchases at the gift store, plus a couple of admissions passes, not to mention all of the great events. It's a great place.

Oh, by the way, I see that I had the link to the whole photo album set to private. Ugh. I've re-set it to public in case anyone wants to see the rest.

Take care all,
    Grant

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone