Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
organ pipe cactus relocation

Posted by Jesse53 az (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 23:10

I have a roughly 5 foot high, 4 foot in circumference organ pipe clump that is being crowded out by some kind of bush (don't know what bush is; new to AZ). I would like to relocate the entire clump elsewhere in the yard where it could grow without interference. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: organ pipe cactus relocation

Nothing is impossible, but that isn't a job I would consider tackling. Lose the bush.

o
RE: organ pipe cactus relocation

It would be very difficult to move the cactus. It is heavier than you can believe and you would probably end up breaking many of the pipes. As GermanStar suggested, I would remove the bush. The cactus is worth much more than any bush.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here