Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm baaaaccckkkkk!

Posted by cissycat z9 AZ (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 10, 09 at 23:55

I see a few old friends and a lot of new ones! I've been away for a few years....sheesh! But hope to contribute and maybe get some support and inspiration in "helping" my backyard...it so needs it!
Looking forward to catching up here!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm baaaaccckkkkk!

Wwwooooooooo! Hey woman, how's it going?

o

Lynn! Hahahaa! So good to see you here! It's going great! Having fun reading thru all the postings...sheesh, not that I'll ever catch up, but I can sure try, lol.

What's the latest, greatest news with you??? =)

o

Good to see you, too! No latest greatest to mention from me really except been breeding lovebirds. Yard still woefully unfinished :(

Last I remember from you (and this is old news, really old) Didn't you change houses? How's the yard at the new house coming?

Still some of the old crew here, mainly Grant who recently popped back in :o) Most of them are posting over at Dave's though. I pop in here once in a while to see if anything interesting can be read.

o
Update

Lovebirds are fun....I have some that live in my neighborhood, see them in the trees and flying over all the time.

Yes, I did move...to a bigger house, but a much smaller yard...and I so needed the pool too, lol.

The front yard is good, not spectacular, but I like it a lot. The backyard...sheesh...it so needs help! Other than the pool, there's not much going on there...I have a planter that has climbing roses in it that I like, but that's about all that I like!
So I'm hoping to get my groove back, and get something done there now that it's cooling off!

And I'll head over to Dave's next... ;)

o
RE: I'm baaaaaccckkkkk!

Lovebirds are fun, I love them :)

You gotta have a pool, there's no doubt about that lol But in a small yard it can be hard to make around it be more than the area around the pool...I know!

Check out the link....let me know if it doesn't upload for you....I ahve high speed and I never really know if others can or cannot open it...I'm terrible at properly scaling down pics!

Anyways.....our pool is smack dab in the middle of the yard! That big pond is gone now and an aviary is where part of the pond was-
http://members.cox.net/desertlovebirds/P1020648.JPG
and the rest will be a sunken area with faux rock walls and a firepit and hopefully some other interesting effects. Currently working on faux rocking the bases of some posts and DH has started on redoing the small pond...it'll wrap around the patio...hopefully that goes quickly! All those pics are about 2 years old now and surprisingly little has been done since :( I think I got really tired of working on it.

All it really takes is cool weather (and some photos!)for inspiration around here doesn't it? I hope we make some major progress this winter...it's all starting to get old, you know?

Folks over there are gonna love seeing you again!

Here is a link that might be useful: Some pics fomr our yard

o

Hi there. I'm wondering what "Dave's" is? I assume another forum I'd love to check out. Can someone reply with the web address please? Thanks in advance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here