Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mountainman123

Ground Morning Glory

Mountainman123
12 years ago

Hello all! I'm planning my garden, but have not been able to locate a place that carries ground morning glory (convolvulus mauritanicus). Does anyobody out there own one and per chance remembers where they picked it up? I live in Chandler so somplace close by would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Comments (4)

• melmew
    12 years ago

Hello, I just bought one yesterday at A & P Nursery on Baseline one block east of the 101. They had several left after I bought mine. Their phone number is 480-839-5362.

Ps I've found A & P to have the best prices around.

• tracydr
    12 years ago

Having dealt with bind weed, I'd be afraid to plant morning glories. I even have some sweet potatoes, which are related to morning glories, that I can't get rid of.
    Morning glories can be very invasive.

• User
    12 years ago

It's in the same family, but it's not as invasive as "common" morning glories (not in the same genus either).

It's a good plant for the desert if you don't over-water it (though it's not exactly low-water use, it doesn't handle having wet roots for a long time vs. dry soil).

• rogunit
    12 years ago

Convolvulus is a genus in the bindweed family... kinda scary. But I would assume it was allowed since they are selling it. But then again, assuming can get ya into trouble sometimes...

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996