Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ckr97

Mexican Lime Tree

ckr97
16 years ago

A few days ago, I impulsively purchased a Mexican Lime Tree. I began doing some research on the tree after it was planted, and am confused as to exactly what kind of fruit it will bear.

The tag states: "This popular lime produces small, green, round fruit with thin skin and juicy, almost seedless fruit."

From my online search, it seems the Mexican Lime is basically another name for the Key Lime. IÂve also read itÂs an improved version with larger fruit. Yet other sites state the fruit is about the size of a tennis ball... ThatÂs awfully large for a lime!

The tree was purchased at Home Depot and was grown at Colorama Wholesale Nursery in California. Does anyone out there have a similar Mexican Lime? Exactly what kind of fruit can I expect to see?

My biggest fear is ending up with those tiny key limes available in local markets. My primary use will be juicing. I canÂt imagine how many of those 3/4" to 1" limes it would take to make a pitcher of limeade. :-(

I have lots of citrus, but this is my first lime. Any input from other lime growers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comment (1)