Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desert Museum picture

Posted by clysta 8 (dbaber@juno.com) on
Wed, Oct 18, 06 at 2:18

Does anyone have a picture of a desert Museum tree?
I asked the landscaper to shade the front of the house and to use plants that would help muffle the sound of the train. He has suggested a Desert Museum for shade and either Texas sage or Green Cloud sage to muffle the sound. I had an Indian Rosewood in mind for shade and sound. I don't think the sages will grow high enough to muffle the train whistle.
What do you all think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desert Museum picture

Desert Museum Palo Verde Link

http://www.aridzonetrees.com/AZT Interactive Buttons/Tree Index/Cut sheets/Cercidium/Cercidium hybrid DM.htm

o
RE: Desert Museum picture

You might have better luck with tall shrubs which can act as a screen. Suggestions would be Orange Bells, Yellow Bells, Arizona Rosewood, Hop Bush, or even Cape Honeysuckle. Keep in mind that plants don't muffle noise as effectively as a solid barrier like a fence, although they are more attractive.

The Desert Museum is a great tree, but because it doesn't have a dense canopy it may not block as much as the Sissoo (Indian Rosewood) or even a mesquite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here