Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEEM for Tucson

Posted by xoxos none (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 16:00

seeds were ordered via ebay from southernmost india and germinated early summer. 1 gallons (i'm keeping) were transplanted in september and weren't rootbound then, so i expect the solo cups are about due for it.

pickup is on eastside. wholesale acquisition poo-poo'ed without some measure of recompense :)

plants were moved before photo so are obviously angled away from the camera ;)

if you find this post after the fact and i don't check in, there's a contact form on my personal website at (myhandle) d0t net.

please note that while neem is of course resistant to spider mites, some quarantine is recommended for a few weeks as nearby plants currently have the blighters.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEEM for Tucson

Hmmmm... would they survive outdoors here in Tucson? I'm looking for a nice shade tree to replace our mesquite that fell over, and I'm always looking for something "different"!

Anyone have experience growing these outdoors in full desert sun?

o
RE: NEEM for Tucson

for a previous discussion someone mentioned there was one in the tucson or phoenix area, but i am sure it would have to be quite sheltered as they are intolerant of freezing.

outside i'd recommend them for someone who already has an established microclimate, unless you are confident that for some reason warmth is present in winter :)

i guess they're going to be here for a while..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here