Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arizona poinsettia

Posted by DrBoo z9Arizona (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 05 at 16:14

Hi gang! I see so many new names and also so many of the older ones! It has been so long since I posted I could not even remember what my password was. How sad is that???
But, good news:
I finally got a digital camera. But have no clue how to show you a Arizona poinsettia Jim Dennis gave me a 3 years ago! It was a teeny shoot and now I have two and they are gorgeous!
Help...

Becky Boo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arizona poinsettia

Well...look who showed up! Good to see ya! Check the FAQ section, I think it tells you how to post a pic :)

o

• Posted by DrBoo z9Arizona (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 2, 05 at 16:31

There must be an easier way to do this...Trolip, where are you?
But for now and so Jim Dennis can see what became of his little shoot, click here.
Boo

Here is a link that might be useful: Arizona Poinsettia

o

Hiya Becky! Gald to see ya post. I can't see the photo, it wants me to sign up for shutterfly. I use the gallery page- just save the photo to your computer, pull up a post in the gallery section, click browse, find the photo's file on your computer and click on it. Then hit submit. DON'T preview, 'cuz you lose the photo. Then waaalaa, there it is...

Welcome back!
Susie

o

Flickr has been great for me. Upload the picture, and have several sizes to choose from... then it gives you the code to link. Easy as pie.

Glad to see you around!!

Eva (who is not affiliated with Flickr, but is an avid user)

Here is a link that might be useful: Flickr

o

Sun, Oct 2, 05 at 21:54

Okie dokie, I tried using the gallery but my photo is too large...I shall immediately put it on a diet. Now off to Flickr.
Thanks everyone!

o

Becky, So good to see you again. I still have your spiders...and spiders...and spiders... Love them!

So happy the AZ Poinsettia grew for you. They are neat plants. Looking forward to the picture.

o
photo try #2

Sun, Oct 2, 05 at 22:09

TaDa!

Here is a link that might be useful: Arizona Poinsettia

o

Sun, Oct 2, 05 at 22:11

I tried the flickr that Eva sent. (Thank YOU!) I still want to just post them into the messgae. Must be too tired to figure it out tonight....
Jim, My spiders have great great great great great grandspiders!
Becky

o

• Posted by usha z8AZ,Nscottsdal (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 2, 05 at 23:00

It is beautiful. What exposure do you have it in? Jim..where did you get them from?

o

That's a cool plant!

Hi Becky, My spider is still thriving. :-)

o

Sun, Oct 2, 05 at 23:44

It faces west...can you even believe it? Loves water....
This photo was taken three weeks ago and it is much larger now. Sorta took a long time to thrive because I had it in a shady spot under my back porch. It never grew much so I had no idea that it was this beautiful.

I have no idea how to propagate but certainly will share
(at the next gathering I can attend) if I can figure it out.
Becky

o

I have boo-koo of these plants growing along the irrigation ditch behind my house. They seem to propagate on their own and create little forests of pretty poinsettias. It's pretty shady back there so I didn't know they like sun. Maybe I'll dig a couple up and pot them.

o

• Posted by bolt z8 Phx (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 3, 05 at 10:34

They are very sun and drought tolerant, but will thrive in shade as well. They EASILY reproduce via seeds and you can transplant the little guys into pots to give to ALL your friends!

Kevin

o

OK, who wants an AZ poinsettia? I have to build up the berm along my back fence and in doing so will have to move these pretty plants?

o

Dear Becky-

We missed you and your sweet ways. I'm sure almost none of us who know you can look at a spider plant or a mural and not think of you! I'm really glad to hear from you again. Have you caught up a little bit? Will you be around for long? I hope so.

Sorry, too that you weren't at the swap. I'd love to have another one soon, so hopefully any of the newbies will get their obligatory spider plant and the pleasure of your smile.

o

Okay! I MUST have some of those!!!! TF...where do I come to dig?

o

Tue, Oct 4, 05 at 10:47

I do plan to be around...haha.
My plans are all over the country these days.
See conversations board.
it's nice to be back!
Becky

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here