Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marymcp_2

Fall Plant Swap - Oct 29

Hello Folks,

Each spring and fall a group of us gardening buffs like to get together to trade plants and seeds, share stories and just hang out. This has traditionally been an event announced on and attended by Dave's Garden Southwest Gardening Forum members but there really is no reason to not announce it to all. The more the merrier.

So, Saturday, October 29th we have reserved the Yavapai ramada (Area 10) at North Mountain Park, 7th Street at Peoria. Link below.

8am till...

/webcms/groups/internet/@inter/@rec/@parks/@parks/@nrd/documents/web_content/northramada.pdf

Even if you don't have plants or seeds to trade, come by and put a face with a screen name, sit a spell and chat about gardening in a desert environment.

Comments (15)

• MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZ
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, that embedded link doesn't work. The Optional Link URL box was not displayed when I typed that message. I'll try it again here.

Here is a link that might be useful: North Mountain Park

Original Author
    12 years ago

Bumping up so y'all don't forget. I'll add an inticement: We like to play this number game......I'll bring a nice, healthy tomato plant that I have started from seed. It will be one of the cool-weather growers, either Glacier or Polar Baby probably. I'll assign my plant a number then post a range of numbers and ask you to pick a number. Person closest to the plant's number gets the plant. In the event there is a winner on both sides of my number (the plant is number 50, for example and one person picks 49 and another has picked 51) the low side wins.

We also will play a White Elephant gift exchange. This is usually a lot of fun.

• beth_b_kodiak
    12 years ago

Sounds like fun. I've been missing the great plant swaps the group from the Mid Atlantic group does.
    BB

Original Author
    12 years ago

Looking forward to seeing you Beth - and others as well.

Time to start the number game....I've assigned my Polar Baby tomato plant a number that corresponds to a year between 1950 and 2011. Pick your year and post it here. Whoever guesses correctly, or closest (on the low side if there is a tie) wins the plant. You must go to the swap to pick up your plant.

• sundrop07
    12 years ago

Okay, I'm in. The plant swap sounds like fun, I'll pick '70. Thanks!

• locakelly
    12 years ago

Ha ha McP - put me down for #21. Hope to see lots of new faces at this one - it's gonna be a blast. I have not been on here forever;o)

Original Author
    12 years ago

LocaChica, #21 is not a year between 1950 and 2011. Please try again....silly girl.

• locakelly
    12 years ago

Woops - lol... OK, let's go with 1956.

Original Author
    12 years ago

C'mon.....more guesses. It's a nice plant in a nice container. The weather will be perfect for the fall get together and swap.

Original Author
    12 years ago

The year I assigned to the Polar Baby tomato start was the year my husband and I met, 1978 so sundrop is a winner!

Hope to see many of you at the event. We'll play a white elephant game so if you want to participate, bring a garden related item to get in the game. Not required however.

• sundrop07
    12 years ago

Marymcp, '70 is the year we got married, thanks! I'm looking forward to meeting everybody!

• sundrop07
    12 years ago

Marymcp, sorry about this but due to a schedule change I won't be at the plant swap this morning, was really looking forward to seeing everybody and trying that tomato. raffle it maybe? Thanks

Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh darn, sorry to hear that. I'm sure I can find a home for the tomato. ;-) Hope to see others there.

• phoenixtransplant
    12 years ago

Well I would like to say we had a wonderful time today getting to see faces with all the posters! I am a tad shy but I really wanted to say thank you to all of you! I got home & planted everything!!! Next year I'll have some trades for sure! As I was proof reading this I just saw my screen name lol I usually go by mross he he Hi all! Mari

Original Author
    12 years ago

Mari, It was good to have a representative from GW at the swap. Hopefully you have inspired others to attend future events. :-))) It's good to know you went home with some bounty and had fun, it's all about plant swapping and camraderie. A good time was had by all, see you at the next one.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County