Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikerizzle9

Cutting Exchange

mikerizzle9
11 years ago

Is anybody interested in exchanging cuttings? I live in Mesa and can bring you cuttings of your choice if you will get some ready for me. You can also come make your own. I'm not sure of patent status of some of these, so I'd like to verify the status if there is any question. Most of these are tagged as heat tolerant so they've been around awhile.. I have:

Veteran's Honor

Abe Darby

Hot Princess

Rainbow's End

St. Patrick

Moonstone

Molineux

Graham Thomas

Iceberg (struggling)

Double Red KO

Cecile Bruner

Belinda's Dream

Comments (9)

• Pagancat
    11 years ago

I think that your big problem with propagating is when you start selling the plants you're propagating. To my understanding, you can propagate anything you want for your own uses.

So, these are all roses, yes? I wonder where Alan is....

• tomatofreak
    11 years ago

I've never done cuttings to propagate. If I could, I'd be willing to exchange Angel Face, Peace and a couple more not on your list (I'd have to search out their tags) for St. Patrick, Cecile Bruner or DBKO. We can e-mail back and forth if you're interested.

• mikerizzle9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tomatofreak, I've not done propagation either but I want some new plants... Where do you live at?

• tomatofreak
    11 years ago

OK, once upon a time, I thought we could e-mail each other from this site. NO? Anyhow, Mike, e-mail me at almahw@Q.com

• Jeannie Cochell
    11 years ago

The only one on your list that has an old plant patent is Cecile Brunner but you don't specify which variety you have. There are 3-4 versions and only 1-2 old enough for the patent to be 14-28 years old. Anything less than 14 yrs old is still under the USDA plant patent prohibiting asexual propagation. I believe the issue is sale of the plant but not amateur grafting since many folks practice grafting and we offer an occasional class on it at rose society meetings.

• Pagancat
    11 years ago

Morose! Wow, long time!!!

• Pagancat
    11 years ago

So, I contacted Alan and he is quite willing to give you any cuttings you could want from his plants. LMK if you are interested and I'll forward you his e-mail address. He lives in Chandler, BTW.

• Jeannie Cochell
    11 years ago

Hey, pagancat! I'm still around but try to limit my time INside to be OUTside, lol. Love reading about the diverse plants we're all growing in the desert. Took out one rose garden for a veggie garden and reducing another rose garden to put in herbs. Trees and roses are NOT friendly companions and the trees love the water and fertilizers so moved some roses into new beds and just using shallow rooted plants in the lush, rich rose soil with the big, fat tree roots. Finally got my rose collection down from about 300 to a much more manageable 125-150.

• Pagancat
    11 years ago

OMG, you're amazing. I will be lucky to manage that many plants, period, never mind 100+ roses.

I understand what you mean about the computer being a huge time drain. I'm trying to limit myself to evenings only, but still get stuck when I go to find a piece of information, and end up on a forum.... like, uh... right now!