Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Goji berry- Wolfberry

Posted by phxplantaddict 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 7, 10 at 2:30

Anyone have any good recipes for this fruit? I just picked a bunch off my bushes and can only eat so much raw.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Goji berry- Wolfberry

I wish that I had your problem! I picked a scrawny one up at the RFGS plant sale for a couple of bucks. It's not doing very well.

o

Ok, after reading your post I happened to be at Home Depot and they had some descent looking plants so I picked one up.

I have only had the fruit dried and also in a couple of recipes. One time it was in a trail mix and another time it was in cookie type bars.

o

Are they good raw? Could you put them on cereal?

And how much were they at Home Depot? I nearly bought some on line last year, but they were over 20 bucks for little four inch rooted cuttings.

Thanks............Dave

o

I have never had them fresh but the dried ones are kind of an acquired taste so when dried I like them in trail mix or in something else. They are supposed to be a very healthy food.
I would think that they would be good on cereal.

The plants at Home Depot are around $16 and are in a 5 gallon pot. The plants are around 2 feet plus in height.

o

Ive always got a few extra in pots if needed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here