Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gayla1957

Weeping Podocarpus wanted

gayla1957
13 years ago

Last winter, I purchased a Weeping Podocarpus from Home Depot (the label showed HD got it from the AZ Plant Stand). On a scale of 1 to 10, it was a beautiful 10: soft, full, lush, wispy, a dream of a tree about five feet tall.

It slowly died, and I want to try again. Thing is, I can't find any of them, have contacted the AZ Plant Stand, have looked online. It is so unique that there is nothing to replace it in my heart, except another Weeping Podocarpus. One other such plant that I have is a Fabian Stump (an Arelia), which is thankfully thriving! All of my other many, many houseplants are of the standard, normal type, meaning that they are pretty but are also easily replaceable.

Anyone know where to get another Weeping Podocarpus?; and if known, suggestions for its care would be appreciated. I know for a fact that I made some watering errors; another clue is that when it was completely dead and removed from it's repotting pot, none (and I mean none) of the roots had reached out to grow into the new soil.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm