Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomatofreak

OT: Craigslist plant bargains and bloopers

tomatofreak
11 years ago

We've had these posts before and everyone is challenged to find plants - particularly bargains - and funnies. If you're a CL scanner, you know there are some incredible misspellings to be found. One of my all-time faves was "Chester Drawers" but here's one I found today. I've never heard of this cactus before, lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: Monstrose Cactus

Comments (18)

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This might be an actual bargain. It's right around the corner from me, so if you'd like me to check it out, let me know.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue agave

• Pagancat
    11 years ago

If you don't mind looking at those agave, I'd be grateful!

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Will do. Going out shortly so I'll get back to you. How are yours doing now? Happier than they were, I hope.

• Pagancat
    11 years ago

Well.... one is. The other found itself under one of my truck tires, grrrr.....

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OUCH!! I hope you patched it up. The agaves in the ad are beautiful, but can you be trusted, lol?! The MX man who propagates them is a landscaper and his back yard is beautiful. Let's see if I can get the photos posted.... I think this one is a 5-gallon.

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is a bigger one in what looks like a 7 or 10 gallon pot. He's asking $5 for the 5-gallon, 7.50 for the medium size and only 10 for the really big ones like this.

• MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZ
    11 years ago

pagancat - do not pay money....I have a kajillion - or more - pups from a huge blue agave in my backyard. How did you miss them?? I told Judy I would dig up a pup for her - that was 6 months ago. (Originally from hawaii sam.) Maybe you can incite me to get started on that task. I need to dig more passion vines for a couple of people too. Time, I need time.....

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, where were you before I took **time** to go over and photograph these????

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

If you're way up in northeast Scottsdale or FH, this looks like a nice bargain on pretty pots.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brass plant containers

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK, then... I think this blooper tops them all:
    "King Size Simmons mattress, defiantly used but no stains and is still comfy. FREE if you pick it up"

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love this cart, but it's way up in NE Scts.

Here is a link that might be useful: garden cart

• grant_in_arizona
    11 years ago

Hah! I love the bloopers, too funny! Thanks for posting them, and the deals too. Fun to see.

I'd kill for that cactus in the initial post, it sure looks like Cereus peruvianus 'monstrose' sometimes called C.p. 'monstrosa' or even "curiousity cactus". That's a very nice specimen. I am coveting, LOL.

Thanks for the chuckles, and the deals, keep them coming!
    Happy gardening and bargain hunting all,
    Grant

Here is a link that might be useful: Cereus peruvianus 'monstrose' pic

• MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZ
    11 years ago

- - Well, where were you before I took **time** to go over and photograph these???? - -

If I had seen the pics I would have know what I had. What can I say? Hopefully there was *some* enjoyment for you in the trip.....

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL, Mary, you didn't know what the plants were? Glad I could help. And, yes, I had a great visit with some really nice people. The lady of the house sent me home with some lemongrass scapes to make tea. And as soon as those lemons get ripe, I'll go back over and see if they'll sell me some. Their tree is loaded.

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

These are so pretty! So. Scottsdale for anyone looking for blooming cactus.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blooming cactus

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Can't beat free. Peoria. Pots, planters and firewood.

Here is a link that might be useful: Free stuff

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Aloe - lots of it - in Tempe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aloe

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    11 years ago

WOW! This should send you prickly, dry landers into sensory overload. North Phoenix area.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cactus and succulents

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner