Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chloeasha

Container question

chloeasha
12 years ago

Hi all! It's been forever since I've been here. I've moved to the hot part of Arkansas and I thought of you guys because I have a north-facing balcony and need container advice. The balcony never sees sun, but I faced complete heat-stress death of all my plants this past summer. They didn't even dry out (well they did twice, but that wasn't what killed them-- it wasn't major lol). :( I remember heat stress from my life in NV. This was definitely a heat stress issue. I had wanted impatiens to grow so I had nice flowers on the balcony-- could the problem have been the combination of heat plus not starting with them until June (so lack of establishment) or perhaps starting with plants that were too old and shocking them? I would have started earlier, but I didn't move there until then. So do you guys have any ideas/suggestions for heat-tolerant container plants which will do well in a north-facing situation? Like I said, no direct sun ever, but it is bright-- my indoor giant philodendron put out 6 news leaves in front of the french doors to the balcony, so the lighting isn't too dark. Thank you all in advance.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks