Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Greenhouse film

Posted by toucan 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 20:22

Anyone have good source for inexpensive greenhouse film, about 6 mm along with the channels and wiggle wire. I priced it out on one website and ended up to be more than I expected. Would almost be better getting a pop up greenhouse. I already have a makeshift frame though.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Greenhouse film

Try this place.

Here is a link that might be useful: greenhouse poly

o

Home Depot's "clear plastic sheeting" is not really clear but frosted. So I found a great alternative today. The discount store sells clear shower liner. It's a nice size piece, made with heavy plastic, it's crystal clear and already has grommets. And it was less than $4! I plan on making a mini greenhouse over my square foot garden. Used PVC pipe as frame.

o

Last year I used clear plastic to cover a gap in my green house and found some of the leaves got scorched even in the winter sun. I would suggest using frosted or white plastic instead.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here