Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xill

Variegated Pittosporum Tobira

xill
12 years ago

Hey everyone :) I purchased/saved alot of dying pittosporums from walmart at the beginning of this past summer. i got a great deal, only $1.50 a piece so i took all 18 of them and have been nursing them back to health under the shade of my patio all this time. all but 3 have survived and are all now doing very well. but it's time they come out of their containers and into their permanent homes in my yard. When i bought them the tag said "Full Sun - 8+ hrs a day", but we all know how misleading/generic those little tags can be. I had originally planned to use them as an informal hedge around my front porch, but after some research i'm wondering if that would be a death sentence for them. I'm reading everything from full shade to full sun. my front porch pretty much faces west, so for the next few years until my mulberry trees grow up these guys will be getting full midday and afternoon sun in the summer.

so does anyone have any experience with these shrubs? What works best for them in these low deserts? after watering them daily for months on end i've grown quite fond of them and want them to be happy :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area