Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomatofreak

Rain, anyone?

tomatofreak
10 years ago

I keep waiting for the deluge, but no drops yet. Has it rained where you are?

Comments (25)

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It's here now! Along with some thunder and lightning. I hope it just rains slow and steady.

• AZRoboTech
    10 years ago

We got a good show out here in Buckeye about an hour ago. Heavy rain and window shaking thunder for about 20 minutes.

• ChasingCenturies (Arizona 9b)
    10 years ago

Another weekend ruined.....

• quotetheraven
    10 years ago

Pouring here in Casa Grande. Have a pump going to keep the sunroom from flooding..Guess I don't have to water today? lol

• v8vega
    10 years ago

I can't remember the last time Phoenix had a storm like this...?
    I hope some of this thing makes it S.E.

• glendale_gardener
    10 years ago

Beautifulâ¦feels like fall. Happy weekend everyone!

• kriklaf
    10 years ago

Raining off and on here in Tucson. I got caught in it on my bike, of course.

• dlg421
    10 years ago

We had a nice amount of rain over night in Tempe. I was able to fill most of my water storage containers. Unusual as we are usually "under the dome"!

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, the plants are loving this! Time to go plant some more.

10 years ago

A break in the rain...

Here is a link that might be useful: A break in the rain

• dlg421
    10 years ago

GermanStar - great pictures! You have a beautiful yard with so many interesting plants.

10 years ago

@dlg421: Thank you! That's very kind

After raining almost continuously for 48 hours, though never vigorously, it may have finally stopped -- at least for a while. Best guess, we received about 3".

• Laura81
    10 years ago

That is what my rain gauge says 3 inches. Nice pics G!

10 years ago

Just woke up, Surprise! We got more rain.

10 years ago

By gawd, I think it finally stopped. Moved most of my potted pups into full sun spots, now hoping I don't lose any to drowning....

• Fascist_Nation
    10 years ago

What a great rain. Kept coming down at a slow pace so there was no flooding on my soil. 3 and 5/8" total over 3 days! Wow!
    Some full barrels. Really surprised at so few earthworms making there way onto the concrete surfaces so I guess drainage was good.

Effectively we got our expected winter rainfall before the false monsoon.

The only thing that sucked is the rain is kind of wasted, as the trees in the back are mostly dormant or getting there (mainly Prunus) and the trees in the front (mainly Pomes) are still green but soon to go there.

• grant_in_arizona
    10 years ago

Fun weather reports. It rained virtually non stop all weekend here in N. Scottsdale. I proclaimed last weekend Soup Weekend as that's about all I felt like eating in that cold, gloomy rainy weather (it gave me Seattle flashbacks, hah!). 3.75 inches in my most conservative rain gauge. My 75 gallon rain barrel that only collects water from the back 25% of my roof is full to the absolute very top.

Looks like we're on for a nice Thanksgiving now--I hope! Happy gardening, keep the fun weather reports coming!

• judy_b
    10 years ago

Grant, it's interesting how much more rain you got than I did. You're in higher altitude, I think, than the PV area. We had 2.4". I know we're in a bit of rain shadow here. Storms usually miss the T/Bird, 56th ST. area.

• grant_in_arizona
    10 years ago

Still, you got a good soaking, Judy, that's great! Looks like we might be in for more this week or weekend? The weather reports seem so conflicting right now, LOL. Happy gardening all, rain or shine. :)

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Did anyone get part of this storm? I got rain here in two bursts.

• quotetheraven
    10 years ago

Raining in Casa Grande, woke up around 3am and it was really coming down, thunder rumbling and a Lab hiding behind the shower curtain. She doesn't do storms, lol..

10 years ago

Lots of rain here, perhaps an inch or more, with in-your-face thunder and lightning and at least two waves of hail.

• susanzone5 (NY)
    10 years ago

Any rain in Tucson? I'm hoping for wildflowers for my yearly visit.

• grant_in_arizona
    10 years ago

Yup, plenty of rain, thunder and lightning here on Thursday night too. My most conservative (lowest-reading) rain gauge in the garden had 0.75 inches. My rain barrel is full to the very top again. Happy gardening all!