Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Key lime yellowing leaves

Posted by guidev Phoenix, AZ (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 4, 09 at 15:14

Got yellowing on my key lime leaves. Not sure what is causing it or if it is nothing to be concerned of? Has been surfacing over the past few months. They seem to be older leaves but some are newer as well. I cut back watering with the idea that it may be causing it. You can see the leaves below:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So what gives?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Key lime yellowing leaves

Doesn't look like anything more than the oldest leaves dying out, like normal this time of year. Don't panic!

Kevin : )

o

Nice pics and nice tree. I agree with Kevin as usual. It looks like it's just shedding the older leaves. I just spent a bit of time this morning plucking the same off of my very tiny grapefruit tree, and raking up the same from my pretty large lemon tree. All looks good to me.

And you've reminded me, I don't have a single lime in this garden. I've always grown them in the past. Hmmmmm.....

I do have lots of other citrus, plus a fun limequat (lime x kumquat), but no limes. Must shop this spring, oink oink.

Take care,
Grant

o

Thanks for the feedback! Good thing I don't have to be concerned as it produced some good fruit this past year...thanks again!

o

I agree about older leaves, but I think they may have been helped to their final demise by a little cold weather? Lime is the most frost sensitive citrus. It doesn't take much to yellow it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here