Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
isabel_kay

Plants for trade (roses, coreopsis, etc)

isabel_kay
13 years ago

Have a few rose bushes that I no longer want.

Ambassador: very vigorous rose and heavy bloomer

Sundowner: very fragrant

Burgundy Iceberg: Blooms almost non-stop and very fragrant too

Flower Carpet Pink Supreme: Fast grower

This is a list of the roses I want:

Pink Peace

Julia Child

Other plants I have for trade:

Coreopsis Sunray (seedlings)

I also have seeds for trade:

Desert Mallow (pink with burgundy center)

california blue bells

clarkia

chinese forget-me-not

autum sage

nasturtium moon gleam

anise hyssop

Seeds that I want:

Hollyhock

Butterfly weed

Desert Mallow (orange flowers)

You can post your reply here.

Comments (6)

• grant_in_arizona
    13 years ago

Hi there,

I have some hollyhock seed from my own plants which thrive in this climate. If you'd like me to toss some in an envelope to you just drop me an email (grant_in_arizona@yahoo.com) and I'll send some your way. They are a random mix of colors, all single flowered, and all do really well in the Phoenix area.

Take care,
    Grant

• isabel_kay
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi, I would love some hollyhock seeds. Do you plant your hocks in full sun? I also have seeds of coreopsis, california poppy, and zinnia. I'll email you my address.
    Thank you.

• txaggiegirl
    13 years ago

Do you still have the roses to trade?...I have rooted rose cuttings of Nearly Wild, Marianne, Old Blush, and the historic New Dawn climber...all of these are Old Garden Roses and very hardy for your zone...

Thanks, MaryAnn

• grant_in_arizona
    13 years ago

My best hollyhocks are in half-day sun, so sunshine from sunrise to early afternoon then shade in the afternoon (my best ones are on the east side of my house or the east side of my garden walls so they get protection from the hottest afternoon sun).

That being said, I do have a few in full sun all day and they did really well, though I had to plug them in to a drip irrigation line to keep them happy. I think sunshine until afternoon is best.

Here's a pic from this past May of one of my better clumps in bloom. You need to view this message on the website to see the pic.

{{gwi:405300}}

Take care,
    Grant

Here is a link that might be useful: Some of my hollyhocks in bloom in May

• isabel_kay
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They look beautiful. I started the double ones from seeds last Sept and they are growing fast.

• grant_in_arizona
    13 years ago

Thanks! I'm glad yours are doing so well too. Mine looked pretty tired and lightly wilted all summer long, but then in autumn they perk right up and make a new flush of growth and then bloom in late spring/early summer.

I got your email, thanks, and I'll toss some seeds in an envelope some time this coming weekend.

Take care,
    Grant

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz