Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
campv8baz

This site has been ?????????????????

campv 8b AZ
9 years ago

What's up out there hardly any questions or response's
Ok lets start with the cold or rain or in some of your cases the lack of.
It was 31 degrees here this morning and we did not get any snow with the last rain which always makes it exciting.
My lettuces is still hanging in there and I have started spraying all the fruit trees & grapes w/dormant spray. Some got sprayed with fungicide for leaf curl and rust. After xmas it will be rose trimming time which will take a couple of weeks and is not my favorite. Then I will need to spray the trees again and one more time at bud break.
So some of us are sitting on our duffs waiting for the holidays to pass just cause we know SPRING is just around the corner and we will be very busy! I seem to remember something called relaxing. Oh yeah that's what its called.
Camp Verde

Comments (7)

• ernie85017, zn 9, phx
    9 years ago

I was wondering what was up on this group.

I have had several good poms off my tree in spite of the leaf footed bugs. Several, as in less than ten.

Just last week found 2 watermelons hiding in the overgrown grass. I stopped watering and let it all go months ago.

I'd like to find some kind of cell phone app that would tell me if a freeze is expected. I have tiny true kiwi vines and grape vines, other things, I'd like to protect. I rarely watch the news.

Oh, my grand victory for the season! My dwarf valencia orange tree had a real crop for the first time! The juice was wonderful - not a thing like that "made from concentrate" stuff.

I have approximately one million lemons to harvest and juice.

Someone get on here and post!

• grant_in_arizona
    9 years ago

Congrats on your first orange harvest, ernie, that's great! I'm getting my first tangerine crop ever on a tree that I planted as a youngster awhile ago. So fun to finally get a crop.

Several days of drizzle here this week--I'm happy to see the sun again this weekend! How did I live in Seattle for so many years, LOL?! (moved here in 2000 and so glad I did).

Happy gardening all!
    Grant

• campv 8b AZ
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Great about the oranges for both of you. You both seem to be very patient waiting for you orange trees to produce.
    Camp Verde

• centurion_
    9 years ago

I picked and ate my last fig of the season a couple days ago here in Cottonwood. It wasn't very good (they need more heat to ripen properly), but it wasn't all that bad either.

My remaining early girl tomato plant still has two on it. Been covering it up every night and it looks healthier than it did in September (when it wasn't producing any tomatoes at all).

I am finding burrowing rodents (gophers I think) around and under my fig trees.

Any suggestions on how to kill the little beasts?

• campv 8b AZ
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well centurion have not hurd from you in a while.
    Glad your figs are growing what kind was that one as I know you have many different kinds.
    All my tomatoes are hanging upside down in the garage.
    For the gopher this is what my husband I did for them in CA. We are lucky so far we don't have them here in Camp Verde. A Pellet rifle its so rewarding to get those guys as they pop up out of their holes. The other thing we did was used golf course candy(poison) down the holes. It looks like small green marshmallows and we got rid of them. I mean we had so many they had condo's. We tried the traps, peanut butter/glass nothing worked.
    It was good to hear from you so don't be a stranger

This post was edited by campv on Mon, Dec 22, 14 at 12:16

• centurion_
    9 years ago

Hi campv, and thanks.

Last fig was a violette du beaurdeaux. We had an incredibly long season this year.

I may try the little green marshmallow gopher bait as well, if it's safe for agricultural use.

Not much else growing up here at the moment. Already looking forward to next Spring.

• campv 8b AZ
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes I do believe it is.