Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Local Community Garden/Park needs help!!

Posted by makgalleries 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 8:49

Hello again,

As I sit here with snow covering EVERYTHING, I look onward to getting my hands dirtier this year then ever before. Last year, Hells Kitchen Park went from a trashed public park, to an amazing green wonderland. We had many wonderful volunteers help weed, water, and clean the park. We need more this year to help maintain and improve upon the work we began the year before.
Once again we need help from our fellow gardeners. Any donations would be helpful in any kind. If you cant lend a hand, then kick in a buck, or give us your old work gloves. Anything and everything helps. This year, the neighborhood should look forward to our FIRST bake sale and many other wonderful events. Thanks again for your help.--

In 2009, a group in my community gained permission to rehabilitate the planting beds for our community children's park, The Hells Kitchen Park, in NYC. The city has no money to help us with this but is desperate for our assistance.

We are looking for donations of plants for us to plant in the garden beds of Hells Kitchen Park (located on 47th St and 10th Ave in NYC). We are looking for any perennials, or seeds that you can spare. We have over 8 beds that need plantings. We also need volunteers. So, if youre in the city of NY and want to help out, send me a message.
Any donations of tools, plants, seeds, your time, would be appreciated. If you would like more info, contact me at hellskitchenpark@gmail.com

Thanks for your support and if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and say hey! We'll be there all summer

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here