Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
makgalleries

WANTED: Local Community Garden/Park needs help!!

makgalleries
13 years ago

Hello again,

As I sit here with snow covering EVERYTHING, I look onward to getting my hands dirtier this year then ever before. Last year, Hells Kitchen Park went from a trashed public park, to an amazing green wonderland. We had many wonderful volunteers help weed, water, and clean the park. We need more this year to help maintain and improve upon the work we began the year before.

Once again we need help from our fellow gardeners. Any donations would be helpful in any kind. If you cant lend a hand, then kick in a buck, or give us your old work gloves. Anything and everything helps. This year, the neighborhood should look forward to our FIRST bake sale and many other wonderful events. Thanks again for your help.--

In 2009, a group in my community gained permission to rehabilitate the planting beds for our community children's park, The Hells Kitchen Park, in NYC. The city has no money to help us with this but is desperate for our assistance.

We are looking for donations of plants for us to plant in the garden beds of Hells Kitchen Park (located on 47th St and 10th Ave in NYC). We are looking for any perennials, or seeds that you can spare. We have over 8 beds that need plantings. We also need volunteers. So, if youre in the city of NY and want to help out, send me a message.

Any donations of tools, plants, seeds, your time, would be appreciated. If you would like more info, contact me at hellskitchenpark@gmail.com

Thanks for your support and if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and say hey! We'll be there all summer