Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bambookid524

have: have: ph. nigra (black bamboo)

bambookid524
16 years ago

I have some black bamboo just starting to shoot and i;m looking to add to my collection. i dont want any junk that i can get at walmart, or home depot. The main bamboos i'm looking for are:

1) Blue

2)Alphonese Karr

3)Moso

4)Allgold

5)Buddha's Belly

Those are the main ones but if you have any other offers hit me with them. Willing to consider any types of bamboos. Nothing but bamboo.

Comments (11)

• hello_c_j_here
    16 years ago

Hi, I have several Buddahs and Moso planters to trade. Couple different sizes.
    Thanks
    CJ

• bambookid524
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi CJ,
    What sizes do you have?

Steve

• hello_c_j_here
    16 years ago

Both in planters from half gal with a few culms to 15 gal with many culms... moso has really taken off... 15 gal planter with 10-12 new culms firing off right now. Buddhas havent begun this season yet. a few I had to clip down as they top killed from the cold... yet a few others from same parent did ok...a few leaf loss but looking good. very weird as they all were next to each other all season.
    CJ

• hello_c_j_here
    16 years ago

Have received a few new Buddahs from a friend in Fl.

{{gwi:397297}}

{{gwi:397298}}

{{gwi:397299}}

• hello_c_j_here
    16 years ago

Interested?
    Let me know... have 2 others wanting to make trades as well.
    Thanks

• hello_c_j_here
    16 years ago

Let me know.

• bambookid524
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey CJ sorry about the wait for a reply, i haven't checked the trades for a while. Right now i'm kind of low on the black because i gave some to a relative for a few other species but the little bits i have left are starting to shoot so i'll keep you posted on them.
    ...and you said you had some blue fountain bamboo? Is that
    species nice looking?

• hello_c_j_here
    16 years ago
  • ebacherdom
    15 years ago

Would like to get ahold of some p. nigra if you still have some available - please contact me.

Thanks!

Dr. Dom

• bambookid524
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dr. Dom,
    I;m very low on it right now but the shoots are starting to come up so maybe a little later in the season.
    -Steve

• ivillage_rex
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh! I've tried planting two small rhizome divisions of P. Nigra before but I failed. Steve, I would like to sign up on your list, even though I know it might take awhile because I'm already behind CJ and Dr. Dom + you're low on P. Nigra. I might have something you like.

~Rex