Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: have: ph. nigra (black bamboo)

Posted by bambookid524 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 28, 08 at 9:11

I have some black bamboo just starting to shoot and i;m looking to add to my collection. i dont want any junk that i can get at walmart, or home depot. The main bamboos i'm looking for are:

1) Blue
2)Alphonese Karr
3)Moso
4)Allgold
5)Buddha's Belly

Those are the main ones but if you have any other offers hit me with them. Willing to consider any types of bamboos. Nothing but bamboo.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: have: ph. nigra (black bamboo)

Hi, I have several Buddahs and Moso planters to trade. Couple different sizes.
Thanks
CJ

o

Hi CJ,
What sizes do you have?

Steve

o

Both in planters from half gal with a few culms to 15 gal with many culms... moso has really taken off... 15 gal planter with 10-12 new culms firing off right now. Buddhas havent begun this season yet. a few I had to clip down as they top killed from the cold... yet a few others from same parent did ok...a few leaf loss but looking good. very weird as they all were next to each other all season.
CJ

o

Have received a few new Buddahs from a friend in Fl.

Larger buddahs 4/15/08

Med Buddahs 4/15/08

New Buddahs 4/15/08

o

Interested?
Let me know... have 2 others wanting to make trades as well.
Thanks

o

Let me know.

o

Hey CJ sorry about the wait for a reply, i haven't checked the trades for a while. Right now i'm kind of low on the black because i gave some to a relative for a few other species but the little bits i have left are starting to shoot so i'll keep you posted on them.
...and you said you had some blue fountain bamboo? Is that
species nice looking?

o

Thin with a spooky appeal to it ;)
http://www.tallgrasses.com/album/images/bluefountain.jpg

o

Would like to get ahold of some p. nigra if you still have some available - please contact me.

Thanks!

Dr. Dom

o

Dr. Dom,
I;m very low on it right now but the shoots are starting to come up so maybe a little later in the season.
-Steve

o

Oh my gosh! I've tried planting two small rhizome divisions of P. Nigra before but I failed. Steve, I would like to sign up on your list, even though I know it might take awhile because I'm already behind CJ and Dr. Dom + you're low on P. Nigra. I might have something you like.

~Rex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here