Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Bamboos for trade

Posted by cmontross 8a (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 07 at 7:56

I have stabilized divisions of the following varieties available for trade. I am primarily interested in trade for bamboos I don't have, but may consider trades for a few select types of plants like cold hardy palms, cold hardy bananas(no basjoo), named cold hardy taro, cold hardy colored water lilies, lotus, named japanese maples.

Ph. nigra-smalls
Ph. n. henon-mixed sizes
Ph. aureosulcata-mixed sizes
Ph. viridis-med
Ph. aurea- med-lrg
Sasa veitchii-small
Sasa palmata-sm-med
Pl. viridistriatus-very small

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Bamboos for trade

• Posted by nomadh 10-11/so cal (My Page) on
    Tue, May 29, 07 at 14:45

Hello. I'm looking for the yellow groove and veitchii boos.
I have a number of pond plants including hardy water lillies.
I have think I have a peach (need to check the name)or possibly arc en ciel (best leaves in a hardy lily). I also have dwarf waterlilies. I also have a large banana tree that did well in our very cold ( for us) winter . We are in So. Cal. inland in a cold spot so we were getting into the teens. I think thats very hardy for a banana. I also have other various dwarf pond plants such as cattail, papyrus and umbrella.
Please let me know what you would like.
Damon
Ph. aureosulcata
Sasa veitchii

o

I have sago palm pups, and an unknown variety of banana that grows to about 14' tall. I am quite sure the banana would make it in your zone. I am between 8b and 9a. The stalks are killed back by frost but they come back bigger every year and multiply. Or check my list. I am also sending you an e-mail. If you try to e-mail me through GW, please post here also. I often do not recieve mail that is sent through GW.
Thnks
Isaac

o

southlatropical-I sent you an email, let me know if you get it.

o

Still have several bamboos available. Also have small new divisions of H.tranquillans and S.y.kimmei.
Chris

o

Hi Chris,
We traded back in June. I sent you the sagos, bananas, and cannas. How are they doing? The p.nigra you sent is already sending up new shoots. I have another unidentified banana that grows to about 6' tall. And I have some extra canna "red russian" (second picture). I could use some more of the p. nigra if you are interested.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

• Posted by thg1 z6 KY (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 15, 07 at 19:42

I am interested in a staet of Ph. Nigra. I have many varities of named hardy Waterlilies. I have white, red, pink, yellow and sammon. I have a number of diffferent ones in each coler. Tell me what you are looking for or give me a color and I will recomend a variety.

Tom

o

Still have plenty of bamboo divisions to trade.
Chris

o

Updated list. Still have some of each of the above, but have added the following:
1 Semiarundinaria yashade 'kimmei'
1 Sasa sinensis
1 Ph.mannii
3 Bambusa multiplex 'tiny fern'

o

Hi Chris,
I have Bletilla striata and B. striata 'Alba' to trade (hardy Chinese ground orchids), Fargesia nitida seedlings (2 y.o. seedlings in gallon pots), 3 year old windmill palm seedlings (Trachycarpus fortunei), Gunnera manicata in gallon pots, and probably some other things of interest. I'd like 'boos that would do well in zone 8 Western WA. Suggestions and/or trade?
Thanks,

~Lisa
sedum_gal

o

Any bamboos left?

o

I am pretty much finished trading for the season unless you have some boo that I have to have.
chris

o

Hi Chris, here is a list of what I have. If there is anything you are interested in, perhaps we could trade in the spring, if it is too late this season:

Phyllostachys glauca 'Yunzhu'
Bambusa multiplex 'Golden Goddess' (hardy to 12 degrees)
Indocalamus tessellatus
Phyllostachys aureosulcata 'Spectabilis'
Sasa kuritensis 'Shimofuri'
Semiarundinaria 'Makinoi'
Semiarundinaria yashadake 'Kimmei'
Semiarundinaria yamadori 'Brimscombe'
Pleioblastus variegata 'Dwarf White Stripe'
Pleioblastus distichus 'Dwarf Fern Leaf' (hardy to 5 degrees)
Phyllostachys vivax
Pleioblastus pygmaeus 'Pygmy' (hardy to 5 degrees)
Pleioblastus viridistratus 'Dwarf Greenstripe'
Phyllostachys rubromarginata
Bambusa (tuldoides) ventricosa [Buddha Belly]
Sasa veitchii
Phyllostachys heterocalda [water bamboo]
Phyllostachys nigra
Hibanobambusa tranquilans 'Shiroshima'

Emails from GW often do not go through, you can email direct at

secrethostatradeAThotmail.com [replacing AT with @]

Thanks!

o

Hi, I have cold hardy Palms - Windmill and other boo on my list. Take a look.
Thanks

o

Would like to acquire some of your bamboo. Please look at my trade list and see if anything I have is of interest to you, I would be most grateful!

Dominic

o

Cmontross-

I know this is bamboo for bamboo swap, but would you consider a green leaf Japanese maple (great fall colors) or any of the plants listed on the following site? If so, let's make a fair trade. Thank you in advance.

http://atlanteandesigns.com/media/garden_web/garden_web_trades.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant trade

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here